For the past few years I have been lucky enough to go to a Cookie Exchange Party during the holidays hosted by the fabulous GingerBabyMama! If you haven’t checked out her blog you should, it has some great recipes, cleaning tips, etc. She is even on a quest to find the Perfect Cupcake. The picture below is from the Turtle Cupcakes she made and they were sooooo good!
So for the Cookie Exchange this year I decided to make Peanut Butter Balls. They are absolutely delicious! So first I had to make sure I had all the ingredients:
- 1 cup peanut butter (you can use smooth or chunky ~ I used smooth)
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups Crispy Rice Cereal (You can use your favourite brand)
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate
Once I knew I had everything I started mixing everything together…
1. In large bowl (or mixer ), mix peanut butter, margarine and sugar until thoroughly combined. Add crispy rice cereal, mix, mix, mix, until you think it looks even throughout…
2. Portion out the mix into balls. I made mine about the size of a teaspoon as I like to make mine bite sized, however you can make them larger. Place each ball onto a wax lined cookie sheet and refrigerate…
2. Melt chocolate – there are many ways to do this. I used my little Crock-pot Dips bowl, which works perfectly!…
3. Remove balls from refrigerator and dip each ball into the chocolate, making sure to cover all sides, then place back onto the wax lined cookie sheet.
4. Place back in refrigerator until firm. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
I can’t tell you how many this recipe yields as it really depends on how big or small you make them. The minimum you will get is 2 dozen, but if you make them smaller like me you get way more.
These little things are pure heaven! However be prepared that they take a LOT of work, more work than you think. Scooping out such tiny portions and then dipping each one takes so much time, but if you can manage to get through it you will have the best little treat around! I love them so much I debated on making something else for the cookie exchange and keeping these all for myself…but in the end I could never do that. I want all my friends to be able to try these out too so off to the cookie exchange they go!
Do you go to a cookie party? Tell me all about it!
Thanks for reading, I appreciate it!